Thank you for your interest in OASIS software. Before downloading the demo version, please email Tony Moss at email@example.com or call (501) 843-6750 to receive the demo license file, which is required during the installation process. This documentation assumes that you will be testing the software on a single machine (Windows 10 is used as the example). You may easily test it in a Server/Client environment by following the instructions below to download the Server version before installing the Client version onto a separate machine. For more information on the Server and Client download versions, please click here.
Downloading the Program
- Navigate to http://www.oasissalessoftware.com/OASIS/install. You will be presented with the following page:
- Identify your operating system, and then select the appropriate download. For this tutorial, use the Server version of OASIS. If you are unsure if your system is a 32-bit or a 64-bit, select the 64-bit version.
Running the Installer
- Navigate to the folder, where you saved the OASIS installer.
- Double-click the installer to run it. Note: your installer may have a different name than the one shown below.
- If you are prompted with a security warning, select "Run" to launch the installer. Next, you will be prompted with the following window:
- Select "Next."
- The End-User License Agreement will appear. Please read the agreement carefully before accepting the terms. Then select "Next."
- Select the installation directory. This can be any directory, but the default is recommended, so customer support will know where to look if any future problems arise.
- When you're finished configuring, select "Next" twice. OASIS will be installed on your computer.
- Once this has finished, close the installer.
Creating the Database
- To create the database, you will need to use the ASA Configuration Tool. This is found in the Database folder within the OASIS folder. On Windows 10, the tool is found in the "Start Menu." Note: the names will be slightly different for a 32-bit installation.
- From within the Configuration Tool, navigate to "File" and then select "New Service."
- Select "OK" in the pop-up window. This will create the OASIS database.
- A second pop-up window will appear. Select "OK."
- This indicates that the database was successfully created. If another message appears, please contact customer service at (501) 843-6750.
Starting the Database
- On the main ASA window, select "Start" to start the database. Note: the window may freeze for a moment. This is normal. After a few seconds, the following pop-up should appear:
Logging into OASIS
- To log into the database, you must use the OASIS Client version.
- To open the OASIS Client version, select it in the "Start Menu." You may also click and drag it onto your desktop to have an icon. Both methods give the same result.
- Enter your database login information as follows:
- When you log into your new database, you may receive the following pop-up. Select "Yes" to continue.
- Your database will be configured, and you will be prompted to log in.
- Log in as "demo" with no password.
Applying the License File
- After your first login attempt, you'll be prompted with the following pop-up:
- Select "License Viewer."
- Type the information in "Licensed To:" and "DBID:" fields EXACTLY as they are shown below.
- Select "Add..." in the License Viewer.
- Navigate to where the license file is saved, and select it.
- Select "Open" to add the license.
- Select "Close" to exit the License Viewer.
- Login as "demo" with no password.
*Testing your demo of OASIS*