OASIS features a Reminder system, in which users may create, manage, and acknowledge reminders. These include, but are not limited to, reminders to follow up with customers, to check status updates, and to attend office meetings. Reminders can be sent to yourself and to other users. This article will explain how to utilize the Reminder system.
Viewing a Reminder
1. Navigate to the Home Screen and locate the "Reminders" area. Note: if the reminder is related to a transaction, it will appear as a quick link directly below the reminder.
2. Select a reminder to open it. The "Reminder" window will appear.
Alternatively, all reminders will also be displayed in the Calendar page. Note: acknowledged reminders will appear in black text and unacknowledged reminders will appear in red text.
3. Select the Calendar page, and then select the day. All reminders, events, quotes, and orders will show by default.
4. To view only reminders, select the drop-down menu for each unwanted field, and select "None."
Creating a Reminder
1. Navigate to the toolbar, and select the "New Reminder" button Note: this button is available throughout OASIS. When selected, the "Reminder" window will appear.
2. Fill in the provided blanks as needed.
- Description- The brief message that will show on the Home Screen.
- Notify On or After- The date you want the message to appear. This will default to today's date.
- Textbox- Type the entire message here. 2000+ characters are available.
- Created By- This will automatically default to the person who created the reminder, the date, and whom it is for.
- Notify- By default, this is set to the person creating the reminder. However, these settings may be altered by selecting the drop-down menu.
- Workgroup- This option will display the reminder on workgroup members' Home Screen.
- Select Users- This option will allow you to select certain persons to remind. Click on “Select Users,” and then select “OK.” A pop-up window will appear, displaying users in your workgroup. Using the Control (Ctrl) key, select the users needed. Then select “OK.”
- All- This option will create the reminder for everyone, even users in different workgroups. Note: users must be on the same database.
Creating a Reminder in a Transaction
1. Open the transaction, and select the "Attachments" tab.
2. Select the "New Reminder" button on the toolbar.
3. Repeat the process above for creating a reminder.
4. Select "OK." The reminder will be shown on the user's Home Screen with a quick link to the transaction.
Replying to a Reminder
1. Open the reminder and select "Reply" or "Renew."
The Reminder will look similar to a reply in an email program.
2. Type in the message as needed.
3. To reply to the user who sent the reminder, navigate to "Notify" and click "Select Users" in the drop-down menu. Then select "OK."
4. Select the user from the list. Then select "OK." The user will receive a response from you, which will appear on their Home Screen.
5. To remove a reminder, check the "Acknowledged" box.
6. Select "OK." Once your screen refreshes, the reminder will disappear.