O4 allows users to check a sample back into a sample room and to return it to a specific location within the sample room. Users may enter the condition and any notes related to the sample. Checking in a sample marks that the sample has been returned to the sample room and is now available to be checked out by other users.
1. Scan the sample's barcode.
2. The Sample Information page will appear.
3. At the bottom of the screen, select "Check in" from the drop-down menu.
4. Select "Submit."
5. Select the item's condition.
6. Scan the barcode for the shelf you wish to return the sample to. This will fill in the location name. Note:
"Shelf 1, Bin 1" is the default location.
7. Select the "More Information" tab to view more information about the sample. This includes the TAG, checkout user, and photo.
8. Select the "Item Notes" tab.
9. Enter any relevant notes in the "Item Notes" box, and then select "Add Notes." These notes will be tracked and stored for this sample.
10. Select "Check in." This will note that the sample has been returned to the sample room and is available to be checked out.