OASIS O4 utilizes JSON to allow data to be transferred from the OASIS database into other applications, such as Power BI. JSON removes the complexity of the OASIS databases, allowing data in OASIS UI to be directly transferred into other applications. To complete this process, you will need an OASIS O4 URL with a query string to transfer any required data.
We will provide a test URL that will pull all orders from the last year with the ManufacturerID, Entry Date, Total Price, and Total Earnings.
Connect OASIS O4 and Microsoft Power BI
1. Open "Power BI Desktop."
2. Select "Get Data."
3. The "Get Data" window will appear.
4. Select "All."
5. Select "JSON."
6. Select "Connect."
7. In the "Open" window, copy and paste your OASIS O4 URL as the "File Name."
8. Select "Open." This will copy your OASIS O4 data into Power BI. If you have pulled a large amount of data from OASIS, a window will appear, showing the amount of time to download. We recommend pulling a month's worth of data, initially.
9. Select the "List" link. They will show each record in the JSON data feed.
10. Select "To Table Convert."
11. The "To Table" window will appear.
12. Choose a setting for the delimiter.
13. Choose a setting for how you want the program to handle extra columns.
14. Select "OK."
15. Select the button. The "Column Import" window will appear.
16. Check the boxes you would like to pull into Power BI.
17. Select "OK." This will pull all the data you selected into Power BI. This will organize data by these columns.
18. Select "Close and Apply."
OASIS Support and JSON
Unfortunately, we are not staffed to provide support on tools like Power BI. We are able to help develop OASIS JSON query strings and other complex JSON requests, and to explain how data is transferred from OASIS. However, once we deliver the data into the system of your choice, we can no longer provide support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.