O4 allows users to scan a bin's barcode when checking a sample into a sample room. This allows for greater organization when managing samples. Note: if your device will not process the image use the built in QR code reader in your camera application. To do so, hover over the barcode and a URL should appear. This feature may not be available in older versions of iPhone and Android devices.
Scanning a Location
1. Navigate to a sample listing.
2. At the bottom of the screen, select "Check in" from the drop-down list.
3. Select "Submit."
4. Select "Scan Location." You will be prompted to take a photo, view your photo library, or browse.
5. Select "Take Photo." Your Camera application will open automatically.
6. Take a photo of the bin's barcode.
7. Once the photo has processed, the "Location Name" field will fill in automatically. Note: shelf 1, bin 1 is the default location.
8. Select "Check In."