OASIS uses the "Adaptive Server Anywhere (ASA)" configuration tool to manage your database service. This tool stores and protects the OASIS database. However, the database software will not perform a full database validation automatically. Users must perform this process manually. We recommend running this process at least once per quarter and storing the backup at an offsite location for easy recovery. We also recommend completing this process during non-peak hours, as it can place heavy strain on the server. Note: This process can only be completed on the Server version of OASIS.
1. Log out all users from OASIS.
2. On your computer, search for and launch the ASA Configuration.
3. The "Adaptive Server Anywhere" window will appear.
4. Select "Tools."
5. Select "Verify Database."
6. The "Select database to verify" window will appear.
7. Select the most current OASIS database copy or backup. For more information on obtaining a backup, click here. Note: if you are creating an off site copy of the database, select the database that was written to an external device.
8. Select "Open."
9. ASA will begin validating the database. Note: as this process runs, the window status will read "Running..."
10. A successful completion will run without errors.
Here is an example of a successful completion:
11. If the validation process finds that your database is corrupt or incomplete, an "ABNORMAL END" message will appear. Contact customer support.
Here is an example of a failed validation: