When configuring settings for a tile, users may need to set an effective time period. This field is used to determine the time period for the tile to track orders. Users may track orders for the week, year, 15 months, or previous years for reference. Additionally, users may select a relative time period or may enter specific dates for the tile to track orders. Note: this documentation will use the sales accounts goals tile.
Understanding Relative Time Periods
Before selecting an effective time period, it is vital that users understand how selecting a relative time period will impact tile calculations. Relative dates function like a sliding scale. For example, if users select "This Year," the January of the current year (2019) will appear in the "From" field and the following December (2019) will appear in the "To" field. The tile will track orders for that year (January 2019-December 2019).
However, once December (2019) ends and the new year begins (January 1, 2020), the tile will begin tracking orders for the new year (2020), and the goals that were based on the previous year will be used for this new year.
To prevent this scenario from occurring, Ingen recommends using the "Year-Month" or "Pick-Day" tabs of "Select or type relative date" window to select specific start and end dates. Note: after setting an effective time period, users may return to the tile to make edits at any time. For more information, click here.
Setting an Effective Time Period
1. Navigate to the O4 Dashboard.
2. Create a new tile or edit an existing tile. Note: tile settings will be altered after editing the tile's time period. It is recommended that users review the edited tile to ensure all calculations are accurate.
3. Locate the "Effective Period" area.
4. Select the "From" field to choose a starting date. Note: if you need to enter a specific date or time, type the information directly into the "From" and "To fields.
5. The "Select or type relative date" window will appear with the following tabs:
- Relative- use this tab to select relative dates. Note: this is a sliding scale.
- Year-Month- use this tab to select an exact year and month.
- Pick Day- use this tab to select an exact year, month, and day
- Help- use this tab to review how the selection of specific or relative time frames will affect the tile.
6. Select the needed start date.
7. Select the "To" field to choose a ending date.
8. The "Select or type relative date" window will appear.
9. Select the needed end date.
10. Continue configuring tile settings and editing as needed.
11. Select "Setup Goals."