This documentation assumes that users have read "Creating Order Summary Goals Tiles" and have successfully created one or more tiles. For more information, click here.
Once a tile has been created, it can be edited at any time. Users may edit settings to change how a tile appears and who may view it. Users may also edit effective time periods, goals, and filters to alter which orders the tile will use to perform its calculations. Note: creating and editing of tiles is not currently supported in browser mode.
Editing Tile Settings
1. Navigate to the Home Page.
2. Select "Tiles."
3. Select "Edit" from the drop-down list.
4. The "Edit Tiles" page will appear. For more information on navigating this page, click here.
5. Locate the needed tile.
6. Select "Edit Tile."
7. The "Editing Order Summary Goals Tile" page will appear.
8. Edit "Visual Details" fields as needed. Note: editing these fields will only alter the appearance of the tile and will not force the tile to recalculate.
- Who Should see This Tile- if you are creating the tile for yourself and no other users or workgroups, skip this section.
- Users- select users you wish to have access to the tile.
- Workgroups- select workgroups you wish to have access to the tile.
- Don't Create Tile for Yourself- check this box if you are creating the tile for another user and you do not wish to view it.
9. Edit "Calculation Details" fields as needed. Note: editing these fields will force the tile to recalculate. It will not be available on the Home Screen until recalculations are complete.
- Effective Period- the time period for the tile to find orders to track. For more information, click here.
- Goal Source- the type of sales you wish to track.
- Goal- the overall goal. Note: this goal depends on the orders specified in the "Calculations" area.
- Stretch Goal- this is the same concept as the goal, but it is more lofty. This is the goal meant to help users earn a higher bonus. Note: this field is optional. It can be left at zero and will not disrupt the tile's calculations.
- Header Level Filters
- CSRs- filter orders assigned to the selected CSR.
- Quoters- filter orders assigned to the selected quoter.
- Sales Accounts- filter orders based on the assigned sales accounts.
- Workgroups- filter orders assigned to the selected workgroups.
- Line Level Filters
- Manufacturer- filter orders based on the selected manufacturer. Note: do not filter by manufacturers if you plan to filter by parent manufacturers. as all corresponding child manufacturers will automatically be selected.
- Parent Manufacturer- filter orders based on the selected parent manufacturer.
- Release Status- filter orders by the selected release status.
10. Select "Save and Close."