A printing option from Microsoft may cause printer issues with OASIS. This document describes the symptoms and resolution.
The following symptoms may be experienced by users:
- OASIS “Crash” – OASIS terminates when the printer is selected
- Print is incomplete – some documents mysteriously drop sections of the page (e.g. just the total but not the line items on a purchase order).
- “Greek” or programming codes show – print from OASIS appears as programming code (typically HPGL in the case of HP printers).
For the affected printer, perform the following steps:
- Open “Devices and Printers” in Control Panel
- Right click on the printer and select “Printer properties”. Then select the “Advanced” tab:
- Un –check the “Enable advanced printing features and press “OK”:
After OASIS is restarted, the print should appear as expected.