The batch service runs batch jobs within OASIS automatically. Once set up, the server will periodically log in on a user's behalf and will run all active batch jobs. At this time, this service is available for Windows environments only. The OASIS batch service should be set up on a server or other computer that is always on to ensure that updates are always running in the background.
Note: for systems with Windows User Account Controls enabled (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2008, Server 2012, etc) users may need for run OASIS as an administrator. (shift + right-click on OASIS icon and select "Run as Administrator").
1. Navigate to the Configuration page.
2. Select "Software" from the drop-down list.
3. Select "Tools."
4. Select "Batch Jobs."
5. The "OASIS Batch Jobs" window will appear.
6. Select "File."
7. Select "Configure Windows Service."
8. The "OASIS Windows Batch Service" window will appear.
9. In the "Database Connection" area, enter valid connection information.
10. In the "OASIS Login" area, enter the administrator's login credentials. Note: we recommend creating a user account called "batch" that has full admin rights and a strong password. This will not count against OASIS licensing as long as it is only used for the batch service only. If someone does actually log into OASIS with it, it will count against your licenses at that time.
11. Select "Update."
12. The "Message" window will appear, confirming that the service has installed.
13. Once the service is started, the OASIS batch jobs will automatically run from that point on.