OASIS utilizes Sybase's Adaptive Server Anywhere (ASA) relational database management system. This system is easy to use, and the utility allows most users to create, move, and backup ASA databases.
Starting the Utility
The ASA Configuration Utility is not installed on a standard workstation installation, but is installed for server and "Everything" installations.
1. On your computer, locate the "OASIS27" folder.
2. Open the "database" folder.
3. Select "ASA Configuration."
The following features are available:
- Creating Databases
- Using the ASA Configuration Window- Version 11
- Upgrading/ Rebuilding the Database
- Validating the Database
- Locating the OASIS Database(s)