Search tags (keys) can be used throughout OASIS. They are configured to define items that are not already in OASIS and applied to a project, quote, order, etc. Once the search tag has been applied, it can be used to list, report, and search for transactions and information throughout the database.
This example will create search tags for job types, apply the search tag to a project, and then use the tag to search for the project via the "Find" feature.
Creating Search Tags (keys)
1. Navigate to the Configuration page.
2. Select "Software" from the drop-down list.
3. Locate the "Global Preferences" area.
4. Select "Tags."
5. The "Search Tag Values" window will appear.
6. Under the "Key" column, select the first blank line. Note: if a blank line does not appear, select the button to create a new line.
7. Enter the key name (i.e job type, mailing list, build, etc). This example will use "Job Type."
8. On the same line, double-click the corresponding cell in the "Type" column.
9. A drop-down list will appear.
10. Select the needed type. This example will use "Quote- Choose."
11. In the "Value" column, enter the needed tags. This example will use "medical, residential, and construction."
12. Select "OK."
Applying the Search Tag
1. Navigate to the Projects page. Note: search keys can be added to most applications in OASIS. For more information on applying search tags to multiple items at once, click here.
2. Open the needed project.
3. Select the needed "Phase" tab if there is more than one.
4. Select the "General" tab
5. Locate the "Use Search Tag" area.
6. The "Job Type" field will be available. Note: a specific search tag field will only appear if one has been configured. If search tags have not been configured, then a specific search tag field will not show.
7. Select the needed tag from the drop-down menu.
8. Select "Save and Close."
Using Search Tags
Use these search tags to filter transactions, when using a "Find" window, such as "Find Quotes," "Find Orders," and more.
Note: this process will only work if search tags have already been applied to an OASIS item, such a project.