The ASA Configuration Utility is used to manage database systems and allows users to create, move, and backup ASA databases.
The Services Tab
This tab shows all the ASA databases on the server. The following options are available:
- Start- starts the database and shows any errors encountered
- Stop- if the database is running, this will stop the database
- Remove- removes the service from the server. The database will not automatically start when the server restarts. Note: most users should not use this option.
- Backup- copies the database to the local machine, regardless of the server or PC it is running on. Use this method to backup the database from the server to another server or workstation.
The ODBC Tab
This tab shows the different ways to connect to an ASA database. Most installations of OASIS 2.7 have the following ODBC database source (connections) available. In some cases, an installation may require more than one. Note: these tools are being phased out.
- OASIS- the primary connection to the OASIS database. Caution: do not use with other applications.
- Mdt and Chuck- examples of other connections in a hypothetical scenario.
The following options are available for each connection:
- Test- tests the connection to determine if the computer, network, and database are operational
- Remove- removes the connection. Note: most users should not use this option
- Backup- copies the database to the local machine, regardless of the server or PC it is running on. Note: use this method to backup the database from the server to another server or workstation.
- Connect- connects to and allows users to manage the database
When the connect button is pressed, the following window appears, displaying who the database is licensed to, the database identifier, and when the automated backup is scheduled to run.
The following options are available in the "File" menu:
- Set Backup- sets the time and directory the database will create a backup for each day
- Run SQL- runs a script created by Ingen Software to perform an action on the database. Note: do not use unless directed to by Ingen Software.
- Run Query- a diagnostic tool used by Ingen Software. Note: do not use this option unless directed to by Ingen Software.
- Disconnect All- disconnects all users from the database, including virtual users, such as websites
- Rotate Log- causes the database to rotate the recovery log file. Note: do not use this option without contacting Ingen Software