OASIS Cloud Backups ensure that your data is available, even if your server is physically damaged or missing. All data is copied to one of Ingen's cloud servers while you work without installing any additional software. If your server has a catastrophic failure, we can move you to our active cloud servers, allowing users to return to work, even before the new server arrives from the factory.
Starting Cloud Backups
Users must call customer support to start the OASIS Cloud Backups. This is an additional service and we must configure disk space and security on our server. Depending on the size of your database, you will have one of two options:
- If your database is under 50 GB and you have high-speed internet connection, you can get started immediately. A full copy of your database will push to our cloud server automatically.
- If your database is over 50 GB or you have limited internet connection, then you will need to perform the setup steps below and then send a backup of your database to customer support. This jump starts the process by speeding up the initial copy of your database to our server. Only changes will be sent later.
1. Ensure that ALL users have quit for the day.
2. Log into OASIS as a user with administrative access.
3. Navigate to the Configuration page.
4. Select "Software" from the drop-down list.
5. Select "OASIS Cloud Services."
6. The "Cloud Sync Status" window will appear.
7. Ensure that customer support has you set up on the cloud backup server.
8. Once this is confirmed, select "Start Sync." Note: this process may take up to an hour as the system identified and queues data to be backed up.
9. The backup will run, even as you do other work in OASIS.
10. After a few days, it is recommended to check the status of the backup. The "Synchronization never completed message" should go away, and the "Queued" number should normally read just a few hundred data object to be backed up. For more information on monitoring the backup status, click here.
11. If you were instructed to create a physical backup of your database to send to customer support, create that backup now.
Stopping Cloud Backups
If you stop Cloud Backups, then the only way to restart cloud backups is to complete an initial full backup. If your database is over 50 GB, then you will need to create a new backup to send to OASIS support. Follow the steps below if you need to stop cloud backups.
1. Navigate to the Configuration Page.
2. Select "Software" from the drop-down list.
3. Select "OASIS Cloud Services."
4. The "Cloud Sync Status" window will appear.
5. Select "Stop Sync."
Cloud Backups and Remote Users
Cloud sync is triggered in the background when a user logs into OASIS and the sync is not already active. That user's session "controls" the sync while they are logged in. When a user is working remotely through a VPN, for example, this might slow the sync down noticeably and in some cases slow down database performance for all users. It is best that remote user's sessions should not be allowed to trigger the sync. For more information, click here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.