Users may create a new service for the OASIS database through ASA Configuration Utility. This will be used during the initial setup of a new OASIS installation, after moving an existing database from one server to another or after converting a V9 database to a V11 database.
Note: this is a technical process and should be completed by IT personnel.
Starting the ASA Configuration Utility
1. On your computer, open the "OASIS271" folder.
2. Open the "Database" folder.
3. Select "ASA Configuration."
4. The "Adaptive Server Anywhere- Configuration for OASIS" window will appear.
Creating an OASIS Service
1. In the "Services" tab, select "File."
2. Select "New Service."
3. The "Create new ASA Service" window will appear.
4. If this a brand new OASIS installation, click here.
5. If this is for a recently moved or newly converted database, uncheck the "Create Database" box. Caution: if this box is checked your database will be overwritten. This can result in loss of data.
6. Unless directed to by Ingen Software, user should ONLY adjust the database file location and make no other changes.
- Name- the name of the database. Most users should not change this.
- Database File- location of the database file. Note: select the drive letter with the most disc space.
- Create database- creates the database at the target location. Caution: if the data base already exists, leave this box uncheded to have the existing database start when the server is restarted (automatically).
- Create ODBC Data Sources- creates Windows data sources used by OASIS. Most users should not change this.
- Port- TCP/ IP port used by the database. Most users should not change this.
7. Select "OK."
8. The "Message" window will appear, showing a successful service creation.
9. If users receive an error message, contact customer support. Note: keep the error on screen while contacting customer support, as this information is essential to diagnosing the issue.
10. Select "OK."
11. The "Message" window will appear, confirming all steps were performed properly.
12. Select "OK."
13. The "Adaptive Server Anywhere- Configuration for OASIS" window will refresh to display the new service.
14. Select "Start" to launch the database.