Caution: this operation should never be performed after an operational OASIS database is started. Loss of data is possible if the database is created, overwriting the existing data.
Starting the ASA Configuration Utility
1. On your computer, open the File Explorer.
2. Open "This PC."
3. Open the "Program Files" folder.
4. Open the "OASIS273" folder.
5. Right-click the "WindowsASA" application.
6. Select "Open" from the drop-down list.
4. The "Adaptive Server Anywhere- Configuration for OASIS" window will appear.
Creating New Databases
1. In the "Services" tab, select "File."
2. Select "New Service."
3. The "Create new ASA Service" window will appear.
4. Check the "Create Database" box.
5. Unless directed to by Ingen Software, users should ONLY adjust the database file location and make no other changes.
- Name- the name of the database. Most users should not change this.
- Database File- location of the database file. Note: select the drive letter with the most disc space.
- Create database- creates the database at the target location. Caution: if the data base already exists, leave this box uncheded to have the existing database start when the server is restarted (automatically).
- Create ODBC Data Sources- creates Windows data sources used by OASIS. Most users should not change this.
- Port- TCP/ IP port used by the database. Most users should not change this.
6. Select "OK."
7. The "Message" window will appear, showing a successful database creation.
8. If users receive an error message, contact customer support. Note: keep the error on screen while contacting customer support, as this information is essential to diagnosing the issue.
9. Select "OK."
10. The "Message" window will appear, confirming all steps were performed properly.
11. Select "OK."
12. The "Adaptive Server Anywhere- Configuration for OASIS" window will refresh to display the new database.
13. Select "Start" to launch the database.