This document discusses creating a project using the web version of OASIS. It's function is similar to the OASIS version but allows for greater ease and efficiency, as employees can take this process out of the office and on the road. Note: only users with full access can create a project. Users with sales access may add and view conversations, attachments and notes, but may not edit other project information.
Creating the Project
1. Navigate to the O4 Dashboard.
2. Select the logo.
3. Select "Projects" from the drop-down list.
4. The "Project/ Quote Listing" window will appear.
5. Select "File."
6. Select "New Project."
7. The "Create New Quote" window will appear.
8. Enter a project name.
9. If needed, enter the following information:
- Location- the town the project is located
- State/ Prov- the state the project is located
- Owner- the owner of the project
- Vertical Market- the portion of the market the project belongs to
10. Select "Next."
11. If needed, select specifiers and an assigned user. Note: if needed, select "Other Roles" to see more specifier roles.
12. Select "Next."
13. If needed, apply user search keys (tags). Note: search keys (tags) must be configured before attempting to apply them.
14. If needed, enter any notes related to the project, the product type, and special quote terms.
15. Select "Create." Note: this saves the project in the system and all changes will safe automatically.
16. The "Bid Editor" page will appear, displaying a bill of materials automatically. Note: the bill of materials in O4 functions similarly to OASIS. For more information making quick edits to the bill materials, click here.
17. Enter the following information as needed for each item on the bill of materials:
- Code- allows users to adjust their code as needed
- Quantity- number of items needed
- Type- the item type
- Manufacturer- the manufacturer of the item
- Catalog- the part number
- Cost- when an item is checked for resell, the cost must be entered here
- Base- first price that OASIS pulls from the price list based on the quote path. Note: most agencies use this column to record the lowest price.
- Base Comm- commission level of the base price
- OBase- the price at which the factory starts paying overage and the associated commission
- OBase Comm- commission of the overagable price
- Sell#%- the sell formula column, use this column to manipulate prices by adjusting an up or down percentage
- MFG Quote- place holder for the manufacturer's quote number
- Sell Price- price quoted to the customer
- Sell Comm- commission percentage
- L1/L2- other pricing columns
- Level 1/ Level 2- the columns are the only columns used to quote a customer
- % Overage- percent of the overage the company is keeping
- Int Note- line item note
- Description- identifying description of the item
18. Select the button to save changes to the bill of materials. Users will be redirected back to the "Bid Editor."
The Customers Tab
1. Select the "Customers" tab.
2. The "Bid Editor- Customers" page will appear.
3. Select "Customers" at the top of the screen.
4. Select "Add Customer."
5. The "Add Customer" window will appear.
6. Select "Add."
7. The "Select Contact" window will appear.
8. Check the box corresponding to the needed customer/ contact. Note: users may need to use the blue search bar to locate the needed customer/contact.
9. Select "OK." Note: users may need to scroll down to see this button.
10. Select the customer level from the drop-down list.
11. Select "OK."
12. The customer will be added to the project.
The Manufacturers Tab
1. Use this tab to track manufacturers and their related transaction information.
2. Once a manufacturer is added to the "Items" tab, they will automatically be listed in the "Manufacturers" tab, as well.
The Notes Tab
1. This tab is currently in beta and will become available as updates are completed.