It is possible to have OASIS estimate taxes when quoting. This feature requires basic setup to identify which customers and jobs are exempt from taxes and which are not. If a customer or job is set as exempt from taxes, the estimate taxes tool will be configured. Once this is configured, estimating taxes is a print option for the quote.
Before tax estimate is possible, the following steps must be taken:
- Define tax accounts. For more information, click here.
- Configure customers to identify which tax authority the customer is responsible for. For more information, click here.
Once this information is configured, estimating taxes is a print option for the quote.
1. Navigate to the Quotes page.
2. Open the needed quote.
3. Select "File."
4. Select "Print."
5. The "Print" window will appear.
6. Check the "Estimate Tax Total" box and the "Show Grand Total (Lot Net)" box to show the grand total tax estimate.
7. Check the "Subtotal Tax Estimate" box and the "Show Subtotals and Options" box to show tax estimate for each subtotal.
8. Select "Print."
For Version 2.7, the tax authority is assigned to the customer. Realistically, the ship-to address should be used to determine the tax authority. This feature will be addressed in a future version of OASIS.