Before beginning this process, complete the following steps
- Confirm that all users are out of OASIS
- Ensure that the current database is not running
- Confirm that you have a current, valid backup of the original database.
- Understand that this process may take a long time, depending on the computer's processing power and hard drive speed.
1. Create a folder named "OASIS_old" in the current database directory. Move the current database to this folder.
2. Install the newest version of OASIS from our website.
3. Launch the ASA Configuration Utility. For more information, click here.
4. The "Adaptive Server Anywhere" window will appear.
5. Select "Tools."
6. Select "Rebuild Database."
7. The "Select Output Directory" window will appear.
8. Select the existing oasis.db file in the "OASIS_old" directory. Note: ensure this database is current.
9. Select "Open."
10. The "Select Output Directory" window will appear.
11. Locate the new OASIS directory on a drive that has the available space in the oasis.db file.
12. Select "Open."
13. The "Rebuilding Database" will appear, displaying the conversion progress. This will create a blank database and will unload the structure and data of the existing database into the new database. Note: while this process is running, a green "running" message will appear at the bottom of the window.
14. Once completed, this window will display the "Completed normally (rc= 0)" message. Note: if "rc= 1", "rc= 2," etc occurs, contact customer support.
15. Select "Close."