While OASIS users have been known to integrate reporting and cloud services with OASIS, officially, they cannot be supported, and they violate license agreements.
However, we are purchasing "per core" database licenses from various database vendors. This is required as OASIS O4 cannot be licensed entirely under the named user concept. The following ground rules apply:
- officially connecting the OASIS database with an application that is not OASIS violates license agreements. Note: in the past, users have crashed their OASIS database this way.
- Using the "Quick Server" test in OASIS violates the same license agreement when used for production work. Note: depending on how it is used, buying an extra OASIS named user may comply with licensing, but we need to verify with our non database vendors, as well.
- The official ways to integrate are listed as followed:
- create a report that is run within OASIS, writing data that is loaded into another system. This does not require a user license.
- have Ingen Software create custom code to integrate with the other data system.
- Use OASIS O4 cloud servers and JSON. Note: this may require a CPU load agreement.
If you have a programmer integrating OASIS with JSON API, click here. Note: the developer will require a login to the O4 cloud database, which will grant them to ALL your information in OASIS.