The O4 Project Editor functions differently depending on the user's security rights in OASIS. If user has read only rights to Projects & Quotes, they will use the Outside Sales View of the Project Editor. From this view, users may view general information about the project, contribute to conversations, view the bill of materials, and add attachments. To learn more about the Inside Sales View, click here.
Navigating to the Project Editor
1. Select the logo.
2. Select "Projects" from the drop-down list.
3. The "Projects" page will appear.
4. Open an existing project.
The Overview Tab
This tab displays a summary of information relevant to the project. The information that is available in this section may vary between projects, depending on the information entered when the project is created or as information is added after the project is initially created.
For example, the "Specifiers" section will appear if specifiers have been added to the project. If specifiers have not been added, the section will not be available in the "Overview" tab. Below is a list of common items that can appear in the "Overview" tab of the Project Editor.
- Project- the project name
- Location- the location of the project
- Current bid- the current bid number for the project
- Current bid date- the current bid date for the project
- Vertical market- the portion of the market the project is in, such as residential or construction
- External code- the ID code associated with the job on an external building service website
- Project Rank- the assigned ranking for the project
- Valuation- the amount earned in the project
- Current Status- the current status of the project
- Sales Team- lists the sales accounts assigned to the project. Note: select the button to send a message to the sales account.
- Quoter- the user assigned as quoter in this project. Note: select the button to send a message to the quoter.
- My Customers- this section lists the customers assigned to the project.
- Distributors- this section lists the distributors assigned to the project. Note: if other specifiers are assigned to the project, they will be listed in the "Overview" tab as that type of specifier.
- Search Tags- this section lists the search tags that are applied to the project
The Conversations Tab
Use this tab to create and track conversations about the job. For more information, click here.
The Attachments Tab
Use this tab to view and attach electronic files related to the project.
The BOM Tab
Use this tab to view the active bill of materials of the project. Note: the bill of materials cannot be edited from the Outside Sales View.