The O4 Project Editor functions differently depending on the user's security rights in OASIS. If users has read, create, and update rights to Projects & Quotes, they will be automatically directed to the Inside Sales View of the Project Editor and can switch to the Outside Sales View as needed. From the Inside Sales View, users have full editing access on the project. For more information on the Outside Sales View, click here. To learn how to navigate between the two views, click here.
Navigating to the Project Editor
1. Select the logo.
2. Select "Projects" from the drop-down list.
3. The "Projects" page will appear.
4. Open an existing project.
The Initial Phase Tab
The General Tab
This tab displays a summary of information relevant to the project. The information that is available in this section may vary between projects, depending on the information entered when the project is created or as information is added after the project is initially created.
For example, the "Specifiers" section will appear if specifiers have been added to the project. If specifiers have not been added, the section will not be available in the "General" tab. Below is a list of common items that can appear in the "General" tab of the Project Editor.
- Phase name- the name of the active phase in the project
- State/Prov- the location of the project
- For 'Spec Registration'- this indicates that the job is for spec registration with the manufacturer, allowing Specification Registration forms to be sent.
- National account-
- Vertical market- the portion of the market the project is in, such as residential or construction
- External code- the ID code associated with the job on an external building service website
- Specified project- this indicates that the lighting line is listed on the specification
- Important project- this lists the project as important
- Project Rank- the assigned rank for the project
- Current bid- the current bid number for the project
- Current bid date- the current bid date for the project
- Locked- this allows the user to to lock the phase, preventing no other user to open and view the phrase
- Show on bid board- indicates that the project will show on the bid board
- Current Status- current project status
- File Code- associates a job with a paper job folder in storage
- Quoter- the user assigned as the quoter for the project
- Workgroup- the workgroup assigned to the project
- Created- the date the project was created
- Updated- the date the project was last updated
- Active- this indicates that the project is active
- Resell company- the resell company assigned to the project for the orders at the quote level
- Billing closed- indicates that billing is closed for the project
- Specifiers- this section lists the specifiers assigned to the project.
- Sales Accounts- this section lists the sales accounts assigned to the project.
- Search Tags- this section lists the search tags applied to the project.
The Follow Ups Tab
Use this tab to create and respond to follow ups. For more information, click here.
The Conversations Tab
Use this tab to create and track conversations about the job. For more information, click here.
The Attachments Tab
Use this tab to view and attach electronic files related to the project.
The Initial Bid Tab
Use this tab to create the first quote for the project.
The Items Tab
Upon selecting the "Initial Bid" tab, users will automatically be redirected to the "Items" tab.
Use this tab to add items to or edit the bill of materials by selecting the button. Note: the O4 version of the bill of materials functions similarly to the OASIS version. However, several new quick edit options are now available. For more information, click here.
The Customers Tab
Use this tab to add customers and contacts to the project.
The Manufacturers Tab
Use this tab to breakdown manufacturer totals, earnings, commission, overage, net, profit, and cost.
Once a manufacturer and part is entered on the bill of materials, the manufacturer ID, transaction information, earnings, etc will be added to the "Manufacturers" tab.
The Notes Tab
Use this tab to add internal and external notes to the project. Note: as updates are completed, more information will become available.
The Overview Tab
Use this tab to view a summary table for the project.