Apple controls the releases of the JAVA virtual machine (JVM) used by OASIS. Apple JVM is very stable and has few issues. However, some older OS X users may find their JVM is out of date. Users may determine if their JVM version is out of date through "Optimize OASIS" and update the JVM as needed. Note: Ingen Software supplies the JVM used by Windows users.
Checking the JVM Version
1. Open OASIS, and navigate to any application page.
2. Select "Help."
3. Select "Optimize OASIS."
4. The "OASIS Optimizer" window will appear.
5. The "JVM Version" section will display an "out of date" message if the JVM needs to be updated.
Updating the JVM
1. Open Safari and launch the Apple Store.
2. Locate "Mac OS & Software."
3. Once in the Macintosh store, search for "Java."
4. Download the JVM for your version of the Macintosh. Note: look for JVM version 1.6 or later.
5. Once the download is complete, double-click on the "package" icon, and follow the instructions. Note: in some cases, users may need to reboot the Mac when finished.
6. When finished, start OASIS and use "Optimize OASIS" to verify that the new JVM is being used.
Please sign in to leave a comment.