Occasionally there are issues getting Signify pricing into an OASIS quote or order. This article will describe the general behavior of OASIS dynamic pricing as well as how a user may narrow down the source of the pricing issue.
General Behavior of OASIS in Dynamic Pricing
OASIS will try to find a match to a part number that a user begins typing once they type the 3rd character. First, OASIS will look at the local price list. If it does not have a match, then it will call the web service to get a part list. Note: sometimes you must backspace to "wake up" OASIS so that it will show the drop-down list.
Once a part is chosen from the drop-down list, OASIS will try to retrieve pricing. First, OASIS will check its cache to see if the part’s price has already been looked up. If there were problems trying to get the part’s price before, then $0 is going to be in the cache. So, that part is going to return $0 until the cache is cleared. To clear a cache, a user must log out of OASIS.
After clearing the cache, OASIS is only going to wait so long when trying to pull in a price. The default wait-time for this process is 2 seconds. If the web service does not return a price within 2 seconds, OASIS will give up and $0 can wind up in the cache again. There is a global setting checkbox called “Price Lookup Default Wait Time” that can be used to adjust the wait time. For more information, click here.
Troubleshooting Signify Pricing
OASIS does not display a part list drop-down in a quote or order.
1. Navigate to the Manufacturer’s page.
2. Open the manufacturer entry for Signify.
3. Select the “Configure Specialization” link
4. The "Specialization Configuration" window will appear.
5. Select the “Configure” tab.
6. The "Configure Philips Connectivity" window will appear.
7. Select the “Diagnostics” tab.
8. Enter a part number in the “Part No.” field.
9. Select “Check Price.” Information returned by the Signify service will be displayed in the text area of the window. Note: results may take a while.
10. If there are results displayed for the part number entered, then the credentials are good.
11. If there are no resulting being displayed, confirm Signify set up with OASIS support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-843-6750.
A part can be selected from the drop-down list in a quote or order, but no price is showing.
1. Navigate to the Orders or Quotes page.
2. Select the needed transaction.
3. Select the "Items" tab.
4. Select the part number field.
5. Press “F3.”
6. The “Price Lookup” window will appear.
7. If there is pricing that appears the listing, then the connection might be slow. Note: there is a global setting to adjust how long OASIS waits before “giving up” on putting the price in automatically. For more information, click here.
8. If pricing cannot be found, the price list may need to be updated.