The O4 Message Center allows users to create conversations and send messages to one or more recipients. Once initially created and sent, the conversation will be stored in the "Conversations" tab of the sender until a recipient replies. Once the recipient replies to the message, the conversation will appear in the "My Conversations" tab, indicating that the conversation has one or more unread messages. This ensures that users can isolate and focus conversations that require replies from all other stored conversations in the Message Center. For more information on creating conversations from the Projects page, click here.
1. Navigate to any O4 page.
2. Select the message button. Note: if the button is gray , the user has no new messages. If the button is red , the user has one or more unread messages.
3. The Message Center will appear and open the "My Conversations" tab automatically. Note: if the logged in user has no unread messages, the "My Conversations" tab will be blank. If conversations have been created and replied to, these conversations will be listed on the left side of the screen.
4. To create a new conversation, select the button.
5. In the "To" field, add one or more followers for the conversation. When messages are sent, they will we receive notifications in the "My Conversations" tab. Note: if a message is not read before the O4 batch job runs, users will also receive an email to notify them of the new message.
6. Enter a subject for the conversation.
7. If a transaction needs to be attached to the conversation, select "Quote" or "Order" from the drop-down menu.
8. In the text space next to the drop-down menu, enter the name of the associated project, phase or bid name, or PO number and select the needed transaction.
9. Enter a message in the large text area.
10. Select the icon to create the conversation and send the message.
11. The message will send to the selected contacts and will be stored in the "Conversations" tab of the sender and the "My Conversation" tab of the recipients. The message will also appear in the "My Conversations" tab once a recipient as replied to the message. For more information on receiving and replying to conversations, click here.