This article will explain how to enable Request for Quote (RFQ) processing for Current (GE) as well as how it works.
Note: this article assumes that the Current (GE) connectivity has been configured in OASIS. For more information, click here.
Setting Up RFQ Processing
1. Navigate to the Manufacturers page.
2. Open the Manufacturer entry for Current (GE).
3. Select the “Configure Specialization” link.
4. The “Specialization Configuration” window will appear.
5. Select the “RFQ” tab.
6. Check the “Send/Receive Request For Quotes” box.
7. Select "Save."
How it Works
1. Navigate to the Quotes or Projects page.
2. Open a Current (GE) quote.
Required Quote Content:
- Project Name
- Quoter (with email defined)
- A non-zero quantity for each line to be included in the RFQ
3. Select the appropriate bid tab.
4. Select “Print.”
5. The “Print” window will appear.
6. Select "Request for Quote."
7. The “Print Request for Quote” window will appear.
8. Check the Current (GE) brand(s) to process.
9. Select “Next.”
10. A new window will appear.
11. Define the print parameters.
- Blank Unit Prices- removes the unit price of each part and shows the lot total for the quote.
- Suppress Zero QTY Items- removes any rows that have zero quantity.
- Options- includes options and the parts within the options.
- Win Options- includes win options and the parts within the options
- Pending Options- includes pending options and the parts within the options.
- Attention- a message to indicate the intended recipient of the transaction.
- Stamp- a message to be printed on each page of the print.
- Message to Manufacturer- a message to the manufacturer.
12. Select "Print.”
13. The “Question …” window will appear asking if the user would like to send directly to the factory.
14. Select “Yes.”
15. The “Sending data direct to manufacturer …” window will appear.
16. Review the manufacturer's "Target" pricing, if necessary.
17. Select “Send Now.”
18. The "Sending ...." message will appear in the title bar.
If some required information is missing, a dialog will appear that indicates what is lacking.
19. The title bar will indicate the success or failure of the process.
20. If your request has immediate approval, this dialog will appear.
You can use the Receive RFQ feature to process the manufacturer's response.