This article will explain how to create an O4 Project. Note: this article does not cover creating Conversations from an O4 Project. To learn more about this process, click here.
Depending on the user's security rights, they will be able to access either the Inside Sales View or Outside Sales View of a project. In order to create a project in O4 and utilize the Inside Sales View, the user must have create, update, and read security rights for projects & quotes. Users with only read security rights for projects & quotes will be able to access the Outside Sales View and will not be able to create a project in O4. To learn more about user security rights, click here.
For more information about the each project view, please click the links below.
Creating an O4 Project
1. Select the logo.
2. Select "Projects" from the drop-down list.
3. The "Project/Quote Listing" window will appear.
4. Select "Produce."
5. Select "New Project."
6. The "Create New Quote" window will appear.
Use this section to enter project details including project name, location, workgroup, and more. Select the button to move forward to the next section.
Use this section to enter specifiers as necessary. Specifiers are separated by "Suggested Roles" and "Other Roles". Select the button to move forward to the next section.
User Search Keys
Use this section to apply user search keys. Select the button to create the project.
The Bid Editor
Once the project is created, the "Bid Editor" page will appear in edit mode.
1. Enter items into the bill of material as necessary. Note: for more information about making quick edits to the bill materials, click here.
2. Select the button to save changes to the bill of material and exit out of edit mode. Users will be redirected to the "Items" tab of the "Initial Bid" tab. Note: to return to edit mode, users can select the button.
The Customers Tab
1. Select the Customers tab.
2. Select the button to add a customer.
3. A window will appear.
4. Begin typing customer name into the "Customer" field. Suggestions will appear once two characters are entered. Once a selection is made from the suggestions, the customer will appear in the field.
5. Select the price level to assign to the customer using the "Level" drop-down field.
6. Select the button to add the customer to the bid. The customer will now appear in the Customers tab.
The Manufacturers Tab
Use this tab to track manufacturers that have been entered on the "Items" tab and their related transaction information.
The Notes Tab
Use this tab to enter remarks, internal notes, and external notes. Note: this tab is currently in beta.