This article will explain how to create a project in O4. Note: this article does not cover creating Conversations within a project. To learn more about this process, click here.
In order to create a project, users must be granted the appropriate security access to utilize the Inside Sales View of a project in O4. To learn more about this view and the required security access, click here.
1. Select the icon.
2. Select "Projects" from the drop-down list.
3. The "Project/Quote Listing" page will appear.
4. Select "Produce".
5. Select "New Project".
6. The "Create New Quote" window will appear.
Use this section to enter project details including project name, location, workgroup, and more. Note: the creation process for a project does not include all available fields. To learn more about all of the fields that be defined once the project has been created, click here.
Select to move forward to the next section.
Use this section to enter specifiers as necessary. Specifiers are separated by "Suggested Roles" and "Other Roles". Select to move forward to the next section.
User Search Keys
Use this section to define user-created search keys. For more information, click here. Select to create the project.
Creating a Bid
Once the project is created, the "Bid Editor" page will appear in edit mode.
1. Enter items into the bill of material as necessary. Note: for more information about making quick edits to the bill of materials, click here.
2. Select to save changes to the bill of material and exit edit mode. Users will be redirected to the "Items" tab of the "Initial Bid" tab. Note: to return to edit mode, select .
The Customers Tab
Use this tab to add customers to the bid.
1. Select "Add Customer."
2. A selection window will appear. Select a customer by checking a box and selecting .
3. The customer will appear in the Customer tab. Note: this change will not be saved automatically. OASIS will alert users by displaying "You have unsaved changes" in red text above the menu buttons.
4. To save the changes, select .
The Manufacturers Tab
Use this tab to view a summary of the manufacturers that have been entered on the bill of material.
Selecting a manufacturer will open a detailed overview of the manufacturer's terms that are set up in the manufacturer viewer. To learn more about the manufacturer viewer, click here.
Users can select the "Options" subtab to view item information by option code on the BOM.
The Notes Tab
Use this tab to enter remarks, internal notes, and external notes. Note: this tab is currently in beta.