This article will explain how to create a project in O4. Note: this article does not cover creating Conversations within a project. To learn more about this process, click here.
Depending on a user's security access, users will be able to access the Inside Sales View or the Outside Sales View of a project. To learn more about setting up user security, click here.
- Inside Sales View- users with create, update, and read security access for projects & quotes can access the Inside Sales View of a project and can create/edit projects in O4.
- Outside Sales View- users with only read security access for projects & quotes can access the Outside Sales View and cannot create/edit a project in O4.
Users that are set up to access the Inside Sales View of a project will have the option to switch to the Outside Sales View of a project. To learn more about navigating between Inside and Outside Sales views of a project, click here.
Creating a Project
1. Select the icon.
2. Select "Projects" from the drop-down list.
3. The "Project/Quote Listing" page will appear.
4. Select "Produce."
5. Select "New Project."
6. The "Create New Quote" window will appear.
Use this section to enter project details including project name, location, workgroup, and more. Note: the creation process for a project does not include all available fields. To learn more about all of the fields that be defined once the project has been created, click here.
Select to move forward to the next section.
Use this section to enter specifiers as necessary. Specifiers are separated by "Suggested Roles" and "Other Roles". Select to move forward to the next section.
User Search Keys
Use this section to define user-created search keys. For more information, click here. Select to create the project.
Creating a Bid
Once the project is created, the "Bid Editor" page will appear in edit mode.
1. Enter items into the bill of material as necessary. Note: for more information about making quick edits to the bill of materials, click here.
2. Select to save changes to the bill of material and exit edit mode. Users will be redirected to the "Items" tab of the "Initial Bid" tab. Note: to return to edit mode, select .
The Customers Tab
Use this tab to add customers to the bid.
1. Select the Customers tab.
2. Selectto add a customer.
3. A window will appear.
4. Begin typing customer name into the "Customer" field. Suggestions will appear once two characters are entered. Once a selection is made from the list of suggestions, the customer will appear in the field.
5. Select a price level to assign to the customer using the "Level" drop-down field.
6. Select to add the customer to the bid. The customer will now appear in the Customers tab.
The Manufacturers Tab
Use this tab to view manufacturers that have been entered on the "Items" tab and their related transaction information.
The Notes Tab
Use this tab to enter remarks, internal notes, and external notes. Note: this tab is currently in beta.