This article provide helpful hints and tips for navigating OASIS.
- Backups- have a good backup system in place. For more information, click here.
- Customers- we encourage the entry of not only distributors and contractors, but also architects, engineers and any other specifiers in OASIS. Users then can attach these entries to jobs and create valuable reports later. For more information, click here.
- Contacts- enter all the “people” at manufacturers and customers (including specifiers) that you interact with. Email addresses are important to enter. For more information, click here.
OASIS Keyboard Shortcuts
OASIS is set up with keyboard shortcuts that can help users work more efficiently. For a list of keyboard shortcuts that can utilized in OASIS, click here.
OASIS Column Preferences
Users can customize columns in OASIS. For more information, click here.
- Adjusting Column Width- users can adjust the width of columns in OASIS by first adjusting the columns as desired then going to File, then Preferences, then selecting "OK".
- Add/Remove Columns - users add or delete columns by going to File, then Preferences, moving the columns from the “Show …” side to the “Available Fields” side and vice-versa as needed, then hit OK.
- Order of Columns - users can change the order of the columns that appear in a listing by going to to File, then Preferences. In the “Show” area, highlight a column/field and use the Up or Down button to position the order. Then OK.
If users have a price list in a spreadsheet, it can be copied and pasted into OASIS as long as the columns match in OASIS. For more information, click here.
Reference Only columns
- Book- Distributor Net price. It is a starting point and is used as reference.
- Base & Base Comm- Lowest, walk away price. This will populate Sell Price by default.
- Obase & Obase Comm- the price at which the factory starts paying overage on.
- Price Lookup (F3)- brings up the price list
- Look up Part History (F4)- see how users priced the item in the past from quotes or orders
Customer Pricing Columns
- Sell & Sell Commission
- Level 1, 2, 3 & related Commission columns
- Use the Math Function button to use one column price, manipulate it, round up the price, and then insert it in another column. For more information, click here.
- Users can also use the Spread Profit function to adjust prices as well. For more information, click here.
- Users can use the Qty column for the Code column in an Order (when doing an order without a quote). Users will type the code in the Qty column, for example, typing "LOT" in the Qty column for lot lines.
- Users can create Hold Orders, Partial Orders, then do Releases as necessary, For factories that do not accept HFR, users can select “As new order” in the print dialog box to make it look like a new order each time.
- Agency Splits in OASIS allows territory splits to be used, however, users must set these up in the Manufacturer Editor for each factory.