This article will explain how to send orders to Signify. Note: this article assumes that the Signify connectivity has been configured in OASIS. For more information, click here.
OASIS can send orders to Signify directly through Oasis with the following requirements:
- The order must be have a valid address with no special characters
- Drop Ship orders must have a contact name and number.
- If the order is a rush order, there must be a freight account.
OASIS Sends the following General Tab Information to Signify
- PO Number
- Order Type- Effects terms & conditions and overage. Stock vs. Dropship
- Lot net billing checkbox
- Ship Together
- Freight Type-
- Required on Site date- Populate a requested delivery date (RDD) if required. System will ship item on the RDD or after (never before) based on availability. This should be used to manage DNSB.
- Account number: This is the customer's account number with Signify. Users will not be able to send an order successfully without an account number.
- MFG Quote- This is the RFQ number. Please note this number needs to come from the quote. OASIS must have the RFQ number as well as the line numbers associated with each part to successfully transmit an order that contains RFQ pricing.
- Freight Account- Third Party freight account
- Rush Orders- must verify stock system or orders will get scheduled accordingly
OASIS Sends the following Part information to Signify:
- Quantities- the number of each line item
- Part Numbers- catalog number
- MFG Quote- Manufacturer quote number/line numbers needed to convert the RFQ in Signify and accept the special pricing.
OASIS sends the following Address Information to Signify:
- Shipping Address information- If the user types in the job site or any other address, that address will transfer to Signify. If the address in the distributor's shipping address in OASIS is used, we do not transmit the address. Signify will use the address assigned to that distributor in Signify. If there is any discrepancy between the address entered in your OASIS installation and the one on file in Signify. The entry in Signify will need to be updated.
- Alternate Shipping Address and Reason- The Alternate address will transfer to the Signify specific dialog box and then to Signify. The reason to use the alternate address will appear in the notes.
- Call Ahead- For Signify orders, "Call Ahead" notes should be added to the Carrier Notes in the External Notes tab.
OASIS sends the notes tab information to Signify and SAP.
The "Notes" subtab of the "External Notes" should contain whatever information that will be needed by the manufacturer's warehouse. These notes will only be seen once in the shipping department. Examples include "mark cartons," "no pallets" and "alternative address if no FED X."
The "Shipping Instructions" subtab of the External notes should contain any information or instructions for the delivery driver, such as "deliver to the back of the building." Other examples would include "call before", "lift gate", and "rec hours."
NOTE: These notes will only be visible to the trucker after picking up materials.
When the order is ready to be transmitted, click on "Print."
OASIS will bring up the Print PO box make sure the manufacturer PO says "Send Direct!" and click "Ok."
OASIS will bring up a preview screen that will allow the user to view the order, send it to Signify and print a copy of the order for their file. Click "Send Now."
OASIS will bring up the Signify specific information dialog box. All of the information in the selection boxes comes from the Signify server.
NOTE: Users will be required to enter either a Signify Quote Number or a Customer Segment (both boxed in red below) for the order to go through to Signify.
- Signify Quote Number- Apply Signify quote number, if applicable, if not provide customer segmentation selection
- Customer Segmentation- Choose from the dropdown menu for non-quote orders
- Attachments- Attach agent copy, copy of quote if applicable, and signed drawing if applicable
Click "Ok" on the Signify staging screen, and the order will be sent directly to Signify.
Once the order has sent successfully, you will receive a notification that the order has been accepted along with a SO Number.