Users may create a service for a new or existing OASIS database through ASA Configuration. This will be required during the initial setup, after moving an existing database from one server to another, or after upgrading from one database version to another.
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
2. Enter ASA Configuration into the search bar.
3. Click the application in the search results to launch the program.
4. The Adaptive Server Anywhere - Configuration for OASIS window will appear.
5. Click File, then New Service from the drop-down list.
6. The Create New ASA Service window will appear. Do not make changes to any of the fields except for the database file location unless instructed otherwise by OASIS Support. To contact OASIS Support, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 501-843-6750.
- Name- the name of the database.
- Database File- location of the database file. Select the drive with the most disc space.
- Create Database- creates a database at the target location. Caution: your database will be overwritten you check this box for a database that is already created. This can result in loss of data.
- If this is a brand new database, check the Create Database box.
- If this is for a recently moved or newly converted database, uncheck the Create Database box.
- Port- TCP/IP port used by the database.
8. Click Ok.
9. The Message window will appear, showing a successful service creation. If you receive an error message, contact OASIS support. Note: keep the error on screen while contacting OASIS support.
10. Click Ok.
11. The Adaptive Server Anywhere - Configuration for OASIS window will refresh to display the new service.
12. Click Start.