We appreciate your interest in OASIS Sales Software!
Before downloading the demo version, please email OASIS Sales at email@example.com or call 501-843-6750 to receive the demo license file which is required during the installation process. This article assumes that you will be testing the software on a single machine. However, you can easily test our software in a server/client environment by following the instructions below to download the server version before installing the client version onto a separate machine. To learn more about installing the client version, click here.
Downloading OASIS as a Server
2. Click the OASIS Server (64 bit) option. The download should begin automatically.
Running the Installer
1. Once the download is complete, double-click the installer to run it. Note: your installer may have a different name than the one shown below.
2. The OASIS 2.7.3 64 bit Client Setup window will appear. Click Next.
3. The End-User License Agreement will appear. Please read the agreement carefully before accepting the terms. Click Next.
4. Select the installation directory. This can be any directory, but the default is recommended, so customer support will know where to look if any future problems arise. When you're finished configuring, click Next.
5. Click Install.
6. Once this has finished, close the installer by clicking Finish.
Creating the Database
To create the database, you will need to use the ASA Configuration Tool.
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
2. Enter ASA Configuration into the search bar.
3. Click the application in the search results to launch the program.
4. The Adaptive Server Anywhere - Configuration for OASIS window will appear.
5. Click File, then New Service from the drop-down list.
6. The Create New ASA Service window will appear. Click OK. This will create the OASIS database.
7. A message window will appear indicating that the service was successfully created. Click OK. Note: if an error message appears, please contact OASIS Support at 501-843-6750.
Starting the Database
1. On the main ASA window, select "Start" to start the database. Note: the window may freeze for a moment. This is normal.
2. A message window will appear indicated that the service was started successfully.
Logging in to OASIS
1. To log in to the database, you must use the OASIS Client version.
2. To open the OASIS Client version, search for the application using the windows search. You may also create a desktop shortcut.
3. Enter your database login information as follows:
4. When you log in to your new database, you may receive the following pop-up. Select Yes to continue.
5. The Login Screen will appear.
6. Log in as demo with no password. Note: the W number will be different than what is shown below.
Applying the License File
1. After your first login attempt, you'll be prompted with the following pop-up:
2. Select License Viewer.
3. Enter the information into the Licensed To and DBID fields exactly as they are shown below for the version you are running. If you have questions about which version you are running, please contact OASIS Support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 501-847-6750.
- Agent Version
- Licensed To: DEMO
- DBID: DEMO-DB-0000
- Distributor Version
- Licensed To: DISTRIBUTOR DEMO
- DBID: DISTD01
- Manufacturer Version
- Licensed To: MANUFACTURER DEMO
- DBID: MANUFACTURER
4. Click Add... in the License Viewer.
5. Select the license file.
6. Select Open to add the license.
7. Select Close to exit the License Viewer.
8. Log in as demo with no password.