From time to time, users may find more than one OASIS database running. This typically occurs when an old laptop or computer, which contains the original OASIS demo software, is started or when an old server is rebooted. Use the ASA Configuration Utility to localte all ASA databases on the local network.
Starting the ASA Configuration Utility
1. On your computer, open the "OASIS271" folder.
2. Open the "Database" folder.
3. Select "ASA Configuration."
4. The "Adaptive Server Anywhere- Configuration for OASIS" window will appear.
1. Select "Tools."
2. Select "Locate OASIS Database(s)."
3. The "Locate OASIS databases" window will appear, displaying where each ASA database on the network is located. Note: applications other than OASIS may be using ASA and may also appear.
4. Each server name is shown with the address of the server. Although ASA servers ensure another database with the same name is not running, it is possible to have more than one database with the same name on the database. Note: if this occurs locate the server running the non-production OASIS databases and disable the "Adaptive Server Anywhere- oasis" service in the windows services control panel.