Setting up your manufacturers in OASIS is a very integral piece of the system. The two items required to create a new manufacturer are the manufacturer name and manufacturer ID. However, OASIS can track and use much more information about the manufacturer if you wish to input it. This article will explain how to create or edit a manufacturer, using the various tabs of the “Manufacturer Editor.”
Creating or Editing Manufacturer
1. Navigate to the Manufacturers page.
2. Select the button to create a manufacturer, or double-click on an existing manufacturer entry to edit it.
3. The "Manufacturer Editor" window will appear.
The General Tab
1. Use this tab to store general information about the manufacturer.
2. Enter the Manufacturer Name and Manufacturer ID. Note: these fields are required.
3. Enter additional information as needed.
- Manufacturer Name- insert the full name of the manufacturer.
- Manufacturer ID- insert the manufacturer ID.
- Parent Company- identify the manufacturer as a parent company, if needed.
- Merge Brands- check this box if users can send combined orders, containing multiple brands under a parent umbrella company. Note: confirm this with the manufacturer before selecting this option.
- Active- insert company activity with other companies.
- Active- actively doing business with the parent or child company
- Inactive- no longer doing business with the parent or child company
- Parent- when the customer is a parent only
- Parent (shown)- when the customer is a parent and will be shown in the general list of customers.
- Reference- may only be referenced in a quote
- Specialization- manufacturers with connectivity will have a specialization in OASIS. See the individual manufacturer’s connectivity page for information about how to set up connectivity.
- Email O2O- for manufacturer’s using OASIS, check this box to allow agents to email transactions with an O2O file.
- Product Description- insert customized description of the product.
- Product Type- select from available product types.
- WebAdvertise- allow the manufacturer to appear in the O4 Customer Portal.
- Logo- insert manufacturer logo.
1. Use this tab to store all needed contact information for the company.
2. Enter information as needed.
3. Double-click inside the "Kind" column to add or alter information.
The Contacts Tab
1. Use this tab to store individual contacts.
2. Enter information as needed.
3. Select the button add lines and the button to remove lines.
4. Check the "CSR" box if the contact is a project manager for the manufacturer. OASIS will automatically select this person to receive emails from inside of orders.
5. Check the "RMA" box to set the contact as the default to returning products.
6. Check the "Accounting" box to set the contact as the default to receive emailed invoices.
7. Check the "Quoter" box to set the contact as the default to receive requests for quotes.
The Terms Tab
1. Use this tab to manage settings for manufacturer order terms, price lists, messages, freights, shipping, commissions and invoices, submittals, and quotes.
2. Use the "Order Terms" tab to alter manufacturer order settings.
3. Use the "Price Lists" tab to activate and assign price lists.
4. Use the "New Order Message" tab to enter messages for a CSR when new orders or when the manufacturer is first entered on a quote.
5. Use the "Freight/Shipping" tab to manage freight and shipping settings.
6. Use the Commissions/ Invoicing tab to manage standard sales credits for this manufacturer.
7. Use the "Submittals" tab to manage cut sheet warnings and archive settings.
8. Use the "Quotes" tab to manage quotable pricing levels.
The Terms Text Tab
1. Use this tab to add manufacturer related text to specific transactions.
2. Use the "Cust Copy" tab to place notes on every customer copy of an order containing this manufacturer.
3. Use the "MFG Copy" tab to place notes on every manufacturer copy of the order.
4. Use the "Quote Terms" tab to place notes on the quote under the "Manufacturer" tab.
5. Use the "Price Books" tab to place notes in customer price books when prices are included from this manufacturer.
The Accounts Tab
1. Use this tab to add customer accounts, when orders are sent directly from the manufacturer.
2. Select the button. A list of customers will appear. Select the needed customers.
3. Enter the account number and any needed information.
- Customer Name- insert the customer name.
- Account- enter the account number for this customer.
- Level- set the default price level for this customer if you have an Active price list in the system.
- Program- enter name of customer if they participate in any sales program.
- Quote- the MFG quote # will automatically drop in.
- SalesUser ID- this shows the assigned sales account.
- Stocking- does the customer stock mfg products?
- Ord Terms Txt- enter any order terms specific to this customer.
The Warehouses Tab
1. Use this tab to indicate if an agency has inventory and to add the manufacturer's warehouses.
2. Select the "Manufacturer's" tab to add warehouses.
3. Select the "Local Warehouses" tab to indicate agent inventory.
The Workgroups Tab
1. Use this tab to limit which workgroups are able to create orders for this manufacturer.
2. Select the "Access" box for any workgroups you wish to grant access to. Unchecked groups will be denied access.
The Representatives Tab
1. Use this tab to select which representatives sells what products.
2. Select the button, and a list of representatives will appear.
3. Select the needed representatives.
4. Select "OK."
The Goals Tab
1. Use this tab to create and track sales and earnings goals for a manufacturer.
2. Enter any needed information.
The Notes Tab
1. Use this tab to insert any notes related to the manufacturer. These notes are internal and can only be viewed by persons in your office. They will not appear on quotes and orders.
The Attachments Tab
1. Use this tab to store all files associated with the manufacturer.
2. Select "Save and Close."
Please sign in to leave a comment.