This article will explain how to send orders to Cooper using Send Direct connectivity and identify the information transmitted from the order in OASIS to Cooper's Flash and SAP systems.
- Cooper connectivity must be configured.
- The order must be fully released. Hold orders must be created in Flash using their current process.
- The order must be a new order. OASIS cannot send change orders to Cooper. If a change needs to be made, orders must be manually changed in both systems.
Order information from the General tab, Items tab, Addresses tab, and Notes subtab of the External Notes tab is transmitted from OASIS to Cooper's Flash system.
The General Tab
OASIS sends the following information from the General tab of the order. Red fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- PO Number
- Lot Net Billing
- End User PO
- Freight Account
- Don't Ship Before
- Required On Site
- MFG Quote- the RFQ number from the quote. OASIS must have the RFQ number and the line numbers associated with each part to successfully transmit an order that contains RFQ pricing.
- Account*- the customer's account number with Cooper.
The Items Tab
OASIS sends the following information about parts in the bill of materials from the Items tab.
- Type- fixture type codes must be unique before converting to an order. Codes can be differentiated by appending a number to the end. For example, if there are three parts with Type "A," change them to "A-1," "A-2," and "A-3."
- Catalog Number
- MFG Quote
OASIS does NOT send commission information. Flash will calculate the commission once the order has been transmitted. If the commission calculation in OASIS differs from Flash, OASIS will notify the user and ask if they wish to keep the current commissions entered in OASIS or if they want to update the commission to match what is in Flash.
The Addresses Tab
OASIS sends the following information from the Addresses tab of the order. Note: if shipping to a Canadian address, please use the Flash country code CA instead of CAN.
- Ship To- if the distributor's shipping address is free-formed, it will be sent to Flash. However, if the distributor's shipping address in OASIS is used, OASIS will not transmit the address. Instead, Flash will use the address assigned to that distributor in Flash. If there is any discrepancy between the address entered in your OASIS installation and the one on file in Flash, the entry in Flash will need to be updated.
- Markings- short notes that will appear in SAP, boxes, and on the bill of lading
- Call Ahead- Flash uses two fields to transmit call ahead information. Letters entered in this field will appear in one field, and numbers will appear in the other.
The Notes Subtab
OASIS sends any notes entered into the Notes field on the External Notes subtab of the order.
Printing the Order
1. Click Print.
2. The Print PO window will appear.
3. Select Send Direct! from the Manufacturer Copy drop-down menu.
4. Click Ok.
5. A window will appear, providing a preview of the order.
6. Click Send Now.
7. The Cooper Staging Screen will appear.
The Cooper Staging Screen
The Cooper Staging Screen allows users to review order information and enter Flash-specific information before transmitting the order.
The General Tab
1. Enter the following information on the General tab of the Cooper Staging Screen. Red fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Industry Code*
- National Account
- Shipping Conditions
- Freight Terms
- Special Considerations
The Alt Address Tab
2. Use this tab to review the alternate address for the order. OASIS will automatically populate the Alternate address from the Addresses Tab on the order in OASIS.
The Contractor First Tab
3. Select the contractor from the Contractor First down-down list. OASIS will automatically populate the Contractor PO# field from the number entered into the End User PO field on the General tab of the order in OASIS.
The Lines Tab
4. Use this tab to enter a Do not ship before date for individual lines, if necessary. Otherwise, the Don't Ship Before date on the General tab of the order in OASIS will apply to all lines.
Transmitting the Order
Once the fields on each tab in the Cooper Staging Screen are complete or have been reviewed, click Submit or Save Only!.
- Submit- saves the order in Flash and submits to SAP.
- Save Only!- saves the order in Flash only. The order must be submitted to SAP from Flash.
OASIS will notify the user if the order was transmitted successfully. Otherwise, an error message will appear. These error messages are commonly sent from Flash with 1G and 2G prefix labels.
Each error should describe the issue needing correction (i.e., missing city in the ship to address, duplicate type codes, etc.). If the error is unclear, please contact OASIS Support by calling 501-843-6750 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org