This document describes the changes we made for O4 in OASIS for current OASIS users. The changes are extensive and are the culmination of several years of development effort and hardware acquisition. Below are details for each section of the application that is affected. Some of the O4 items are part of the normal upgrade users will receive once their Maintenance & Support (M&S) is updated to current license prices (see note below). Some of the more advanced features are add on services or products that are now possible with the new technologies (denoted by “add-on upgrade”).
Note: In order to meet the M&S requirement, all license costs used to calculate M&S must be increased to the current license price. You do not have to pay the difference in license costs, however, your annual M&S will be based on that increased license cost. For example, if you purchased a User License at $300 and have been paying M&S based on the $300, you will now be charged M&S based on the current license price of $750. Our sales staff will be able to give you details on what the increase will look like for your scenario.
Most of the data in OASIS is available from any HTML5 enabled device via OASIS O4 web services. These new features will roll out in the following order:
- Tile Web Access - May 6 release
- Read Only Projects and Orders - May 6 release
- Read Only Customers and Manufacturers - May 6 release
- Read, Create and Update Contacts - May 6 release
- Attachment Read and Create from Any Device - May 6 release
- Basic Read-Only Access to Samples - May 6 release
- Samples O4 - Will begin after May 6
- Projects O4 – TBD Release
- Orders O4 – TBD Release
- Invoices O4 – TBD Release
- Payments O4 – TBD Release
In many cases, screens have been coded to respond to the platform from which they are being viewed. The desktop version will have the ability to use any O4 feature – as will the web. However, smaller form factor devices (e.g. a phone) simply do not have the screen real-estate for all the OASIS features. For these smaller devices, OASIS will adjust and only show what makes sense for most users.
The O4 web and mobile capabilities will require an OASIS O4 web service contract with Ingen Software.
O4 Essentials is the least expensive and most cost-effective way to use O4 on the cloud. It cannot be used for disaster recovery of data. OASIS O4 web services cost is based on database size. It is possible to minimize the amount of data on OASIS cloud servers to reduce database size charges. Essentials does allow for all O4 standard features to be used.
This is the same set of features listed above in O4 Essentials. However, it will be available from the existing OASIS installation on a local computer. O4 Desktop does require a web service contract. It is automatically available when you meet the M&S requirements defined above.
In addition to all the O4 Essentials features, O4 Premium is a full backup of the OASIS database and can be used for disaster recovery. If a local database is lost or damaged for any reason, Ingen Software will be able to get the office online through the cloud server on the same day (several options are available). This option requires an OASIS O4 web service contract and the M&S requirements listed above. For current Cloud Backup users, only the M&S requirements listed above are required to get this service.
O4 Enterprise provides a solution that enables on-site databases at multiple locations. It includes all features in O4 Essentials and Premium. This allows for maximum speed at each office, O4 on the cloud, and instant access to the OASIS data (in another office) if there were a failure. This option requires an OASIS O4 web service contract and the M&S requirements listed above. For current Cloud Sync users, only the M&S requirements listed above are required to get this service.
Reporting Tiles (Available on any of the above options)
With previous reports, a user must generate, manually run, interpret, and publish report data to individuals at the company. With a reporting tile, the information is published to one or more individuals at the company. The system will periodically run, interpret, and publish updates to the report automatically. The results may be viewed in the desktop version of OASIS or from any HTML5 enabled browser or device.
The following tiles are currently available:
- Bid Board – This tile replaces the current bid board features allowing users to adjust the view. It can email nightly bid board updates to any subscribing users. If O4 Cloud is available, the user can click into any project from the bid board tile.
- Order Summary – This tile replaces the weekly summary on the home screen in the current version of OASIS. This allows for more configuration options (e.g. one workgroup or salesperson) and tracks sales history over time. This tile also allows individual orders to be opened easily.
- Order Goals – This tile allows a company to establish different goals for a given manufacturer and assign sales person responsibility. The tile displays a gage to indicate if the goal is leading or lagging. From the tile, drill down into the data to see where orders are originating (e.g. customer or even individual orders).
- Win/Loss – This tile re-calculates the win/loss statistics on a weekly basis for the selected parameters. The parameters may be set up for the entire company, a single specifier, or a combination of selection criteria.
O4 Customer Portal – Add-On Upgrade
The O4 Customer Portal is a service added to one of the O4 base services (O4 Essentials, O4 Premium or O4 Enterprise) making the general O4 cost more attractive to smaller companies. Additionally, the O4 Customer Portal is a refresh of previous technologies and allows for the ability to tailor the portal to the user’s website more easily.
The O4 Customer Portal features currently include:
- Customer view of your bid board
- Customer price lookup for your selected items
- Line card view
- Order status for all related customer orders
- Sales Access
- Customer Portal
- Editable Dynamic Pricing - Manufacturers only
- Quote Forecasting Data- Manufacturers only