Setting up your customers in OASIS is a very integral piece of the system. The two items required to create a new customer are the customer name and customer ID. However, OASIS can track and use much more information about the customer if you wish to input it. This article will explain how to create or edit a customer, using the various tabs of the "Customer Editor."
Creating and Editing a Customer
1. Navigate to the Customers page, and select the button to create a customer. Double-click on an existing customer entry to edit it.
2. The "Customer Editor" window will open.
The General Tab
1. Use this tab to store general information about the customer.
2. Enter the Customer name and the Customer ID. Note: these fields are required.
3. Enter any needed information.
- Customer Name- insert the complete name of the company.
- Customer ID- insert an abbreviation of the customer name.
- Parent company- select a parent company from the drop-down list. Note: this is an optional feature. For more information, click here.
- Active- insert company activity with other companies.
- Active- actively doing business with the parent or child company
- Inactive- no longer doing business with the parent or child company
- Parent- when the customer is a Parent only
- Parent (shown)- when the customer is a Parent and will be shown in the general list of customers.
- Out of Territory- check this box if the company is out of territory and you wish to track it
- Alias- add alternative names to find this customer easily.
- Send- select O2O if the customer uses OASIS. This causes OASIS to create a native OASIS file that the customer can drag and drop into OASIS. Select XLS if the customer does not use OASIS to send the customer a spreadsheet.
- Customer type- select the customer’s association (distributor, contractor, etc…).
- Rank- insert customer ranking based on the influence they have over various jobs.
- Assigned to- select the user who is assigned to this customer. The user must have the Sales role assigned and the sales account selected in the Comm. Account field in their user editor.
The Contacts Information Tab
1. Use this tab to store all needed contact information.
2. Enter any needed information
3. Double-click inside the "Kind" or "Number" columns to add or alter information.
The Contacts Tab
1. Use this tab to add any needed contacts. Note: entering an email address for a contact will allow users to send emails directly from OASIS.
2. Select the button to add lines and the button to remove lines.
3. Check the "CSR" box if the contact is a project manager for the customer. OASIS will automatically select this person to receive emails from inside of orders.
4. Check the "Accounting" box to set the contact as the default to receive emailed invoices.
The Terms Tab
1. Use this tab to setup Resell with or without charging taxes.
2. Enter any needed information.
- Credit Hold- select "None," "Hold-Warning" or "Hold-Stop."
- Federal Tax ID- if using Resell, enter the customer's Tax ID number.
- Resell OK- allows users to resell to this customer
- Tax Status- note if the customer is taxable, exempt, or unknown.
- Account, Exempt Lic, % of Sale, Tax Freight- various tax accounts that may apply
3. Select the "New Order Message" tab to remind CSR's of important information at the time of the order.
The Terms Text Tab
1. Use this tab to set up notes that will appear on transactions related to the customer.
2. Open the "Terms Text" tab and select "MFG Copy" for order notes, and type in the message.
3. Select the "Invoice Terms" tab for notes on invoices, and type in the message.
The Accounts Tab
1. Use this tab when manufacturers require customer account numbers on orders that are submitted to the factory.
2. Select the button. A list of manufacturers will appear. Select the needed manufacturers.
3. Add the account number, and enter any needed information.
- Manufacturer name- insert the manufacturer name.
- Account- enter the account number for this customer. Note: tab off the cell.
- Level- set the default price level if you have an Active price list in the system (optional).
- Quote- enter a manufacturer quote. It will automatically drop in an order.
- Sales- calculate Freight by Amount, Weight, or Both
- Stocking- double-click the box to select “Y” if the distributor stocks this manufacturer’s products. Otherwise, select “N."
The Cust. WebView Tab
1. Skip this tab if you are not using the OASIS Web piece.
2. Use this tab to give contractors and other end customers access to orders they are involved in.
3. Select the button. A list of customers will appear.
4. Select the customers you wish to grant access to.
5. Select "OK."
6. In the "Cust. WebView" tab, check the customers to give access.
The Workgroup Tab
1. Use this tab to limit which workgroups are able to create orders for this customer.
2. Select the "Access" box for any workgroups you wish to grant access to. Unchecked groups will be denied access.
The Goals Tab
1. Use this tab to create and track sales and/ or earnings goals for the customer.
2. Enter any needed information.
3. If you wish to easily report across multiple goals, select "Track."
The Notes Tab
1. Use this tab to insert any notes related to the customer. These notes are internal and can only be viewed by persons in your office. They will not appear on quotes and orders.
The Attachments Tab
1. Use this tab to insert any files associated with the customer.