Customer roles are a way to identify/distinguish the different entities that are involved in a job. OASIS can identify the direct customer (e.g., a distributor), the indirect customer (e.g., a contractor, or the end user that quoted by the direct customer), as well as other customers. OASIS also gives users the ability to create other roles that are not already provided in OASIS by default, such as “Landscape Architect” or “Interior Designer”. The ability to identify and track such roles can create powerful reports.
Configuring Customer Roles
1. Navigate to the Customers page.
2. Select "File," and then select "Configuration."
3. The "Configure business data" window will open. Select the "Roles" tab.
4. Caution: DO NOT edit existing entries if they are in use. Changing entries in this window will change it for all selected in OASIS.
5. Caution: DO NOT change the direct or indirect customer check boxes. Your version is set up so that when you create quotes and orders, the correct listing of customers by role is selected.
6. Select the button to add lines, and select the button to remove lines.
7. Enter any needed business entities on the blank lines.
- Always show- this entry will always show in the general tab of a quote or order.
- Required- this entry will always be required in order to create a quote or order.
- DirectCustomer- this entry is a direct quoted customer.
- IndirectCustomer- this entry is the customer quoted by your direct customer.
Assigning Customer Roles
1. Navigate to the Customers page, and select a customer.
2. The "Customer Editor" window will appear. Select the "General" tab.
3. Select the "Customer Type" drop-down menu.
4. Select the "Role."
5. Select "Save and Close." The customer will be available in any role selection or available for any report filter.
1. Open a project or order. This example will use a project.
2. Navigate to the "Initial Phase" tab, and then select the "General" tab.
3. To change the specifier type, select the link. A drop-down menu will appear. Select a new specifier type.
4. Insert a customer by entering their name, or select the button. A pop-up window will appear with a list of customers.
5. Select the needed customer.
6. Select the "(no contact selected)" link to add a contact.
7. The "Select" window will appear. Select the needed contact.
8. Select "Add" to add more specifiers.
9. Select "Update" for changes to be applied.