An OASIS batch is used to track bank deposits. This allows users to reconcile payments and balance dollar amounts against individual deposits, resulting in more accurate accounting. As payments are attached to the batch, the difference value approaches zero.
Creating a New Batch
1. Navigate to the Payments page.
2. Select "File," and then hover over "New."
3. Select "New Batch."
4. The "Batch Editor" window will appear. For more information on the individual fields, click here.
5. Enter a code for the batch, a total of checks being deposited, and any relevant notes.
6. Add adjustments through the "Adjustments" tab.
7. Add attachments through the "Attachments" tab.
8. Select "Save and Close."
Applying a Batch to a Payment
1. Navigate to the Payments page, and open a payment.
2. The "Payment Editor" window will appear.
3. Select the batch code from the "Batch" drop-down menu. This will link the payment to the batch.
4. As payments are applied to a batch and posted, the batch entry will be updated to show posted dollars and the difference from the total.
5. Once all payments are applied and the difference reaches $0.00, the batch can be posted. Note: once the batch is posted, it cannot be unposted.
6. Check the "Post Batch" box.
7. The "Question" window will appear, asking for confirmation.
8. Select "Post."