OASIS features a "Price List Editor" to allow for a simple listing of complete catalog numbers. These listings include descriptions, pricing, and other product information. Users may insert new parts and edit existing parts in the price list for each manufacturer. This article will explain how to edit a price list, using the various tabs of the "Price List Editor."
Editing Price Lists
1. Select the Manufacturers page.
2. Select the Pricing page from the drop-down list.
3. Select the needed manufacturer.
4. Double-click on an existing price list to edit it.
The Price List Tab
Use this tab to add or edit part information within the price list. For more information about the columns available in this tab, click here.
The Customer Exceptions Tab
Use this tab to list price exceptions on a per customer basis. For more information, click here.
The Level Names Tab
Use this tab to setup how OASIS will search price columns to obtain a price file.
1. Select a field to add or alter information.
2. Enter information as needed.
The Level Name Identification and Import Control Area
- Level- the level of pricing as used internally by OASIS. Each Level corresponds to the “Price” column and the “Commission” column in the “Price List” tab.
- Label- the name of the level. This allows the pricing column to show in the Price Lookup feature.
- Kind- this is used to identify the level type.
- Unused- allows OASIS to automatically populate the column in future downloads
- Price- the pricing. If configured, the column may be updated by OASIS with price downloads
- Overageable- data from the column is automatically copied into the “OBase” column on the manufacturer and rep versions.
- Manual- OASIS will not automatically update a column
- Basic Calc- the commission and price of the bas calc column and overageable column form a sliding scale, allowing a rep or manufacturer to key a price and get the commission (e.g. in a quote) or key a commission and get the price.
- Territory- do not use. This currently has no functionality.
- Series Markup- the percentage to mark up or down the price when using a configured item from the series.
The Search Paths Area
- Order Path- A CUSTOMER MUST HAVE AN ACCOUNT BEFORE THE OPATH IS SCANNED! If no account is found, the sell price in the order becomes the book price in the price list. If the customer does have an account, the account "level" value is used as a starting point in the OPATH scan. This means one or more levels in the OPATH can be skipped, allowing for different customers to receive different prices (e.g. stocking and non-stocking distributors).
- Quote Path- No customer selection needed. In a quote, this path is scanned for the first non-zero price - in the order shown. If a non-zero value is found, this becomes the "Base Price" and the "Sell Price" in the quote.
The Workgroup Access Tab
Use this tab to set up which workgroups have access to the price list.
1. Check the "Orders" and Quotes" boxes to give workgroups access.
- Orders- the workgroup has access to this price list in orders
- Quotes- the workgroup has access to this price list in quotes and projects
- All- set all workgroups to have access to price lists in orders and quotes
- None- no workgroup has access to this price list.
- Orders Only- all workgroups have access to this price list in orders only.
- Quotes Only- all workgroups have access to this price list in quotes only.
The Attachments Tab
Use this tab to attach any files related to the price list.
Please sign in to leave a comment.