The series editor is used to identify an entire product series. Users may assign pricing to a base item and may add options, many of which may be priced. Users may place constraints to identify combinations of options that are allowed.
Creating or Editing a Series
1. Select the Manufacturers page.
2. Select the Pricing page from the drop-down list.
3. Select a manufacturer, so it is highlighted. Note: if the manufacturer has an existing series you wish to edit, double-click on the series.
4. If you wish to create a new series, select "File," and then hover over "New."
5. Select "New Series."
6. The "Series Editor" window will appear.
The Options Tab
1. Use this tab to view the different options available to the series and any required dashes.
2. Enter a series name and description.
3. Select "Add option list" to create options.
4. Select "Add dash rule" to add dashes between the options.
- Series- a unique identifier for the series
- Description- a description of the series
- Product Category- the category of parts in this portion of the catalog.
- Dash- a required dash. This ensures that the dashes appear when a valid catalog number is identified in a quote or order.
- Options- a set of characters representing a portion of the catalog number. These may affect pricing, when selected or used in a catalog number.
- Active- identifies whether the series is usable or not.
The Rules Tab
1. Use this tab to add constraints on how the options may or may not be selected. This is a list of options, identifying which sections of the catalog may appear together. Constraints are often by color and by voltage.
2. Select "Add constraint" to add new constraints.
The Money Tab
1. Use this tab to represent base series pricing.
- Effective End- pricing will not be used after this date.
- Base Cost- the average cost to build this item. Note: this is for internal users only. It is not sent to reps.
- Base Sell- the lowest sell price.
- Base Commission- the commission for the base sell
- Overageable Sell- when overage begins for the reps
- Overageable Commission- the commission at the overageable sell
- Overageable Split- the split allowed for a sell price over the overageable sell.
The Attachments Tab
1. Use this tab to attach files that are related to the series.
Please sign in to leave a comment.