Log files are often needed to better understand what could be causing an issue within OASIS. This article will explain how to retrieve the log files from a Mac machine and how to reveal any hidden files if necessary.
Locating the "logs" Folder
1. Open Finder by double-clicking the icon on the dock.
2. Open the home folder. Note: this is usually titled as the username.
3. Hover over the "Go" menu at the top of the screen.
4. Select "Go to Folder..."
5. A search bar will appear.
6. Enter ".oasis"
6. Select "Go."
7. Double-click to open the "logs" folder.
8. Select the files that correspond with the time/day the issue occurred.
9. Attach the files in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a brief description of the issue if a ticket has not yet been created.
Revealing Hidden Files
1. Open the "Applications" folder.
2. Open the "Utilities" folder. .
3. Double-click to open the Terminal.
4. Type the following into the command prompt: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true
5. Press return on your keyboard to execute the command.
6. Retrieve the log files following the steps above.
7. Once retrieved, the files can be hidden again by typing the following into the command prompt: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool false