Log files are often needed to understand what could be causing an issue within OASIS. This article will explain how to retrieve the log files from a Mac machine and how to reveal any hidden files, if necessary.
Locating the logs Folder
1. Open Finder by double-clicking the icon on the dock.
2. Open the home folder. Note: this is usually titled as the username.
3. Hover over the Go menu at the top of the screen.
4. Select Go to Folder... from the drop-down list.
5. A search bar will appear.
6. Enter .oasis.
7. Click Go. The .oasis folder will open.
8. Double-click to open the logs folder.
9. Locate the files that correspond with the time/day the issue occurred.
10. Attach the files in response to your OASIS ticket. If a ticket has not yet been created, email email@example.com and provide a brief description of the issue you are experiencing.
Revealing Hidden Files
1. Open the Applications folder.
2. Open the Utilities folder.
3. Double-click to open the Terminal.
4. Enter the following into the command prompt: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true
5. Press Return on your keyboard to execute the command.
6. Retrieve the log files following the steps above.
7. Once retrieved, the files can be hidden again by typing the following into the command prompt: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool false