Option codes are available in the Projects application of OASIS using the Code column. To learn how to add a column to the bill of material, click here.
Options codes are designed to assist in the staging out of a project and are programmed to complete the following functions:
- Option- the standard option used for quoting a customer
- Prints only on a customer copy
- Lines that it contains cannot be converted to an order
- Pending Option- allows for any final decisions for items you are done quoting but not ready to convert to an order
- Will not print on a customer copy, bill of materials, or manufacturer breakout
- Win Option- indicates that the option is ready to order
- Prints only on a manufacturer breakout
- Allows the group option to be converted to an order
- Lost Option- indicates that the project was lost to a competitor
- Abandoned Option- indicates that the users never hear back from the project, or the project fizzled out before full development
To quote only one "Option" group, set all others to "Pending Option." This will hide any items from the "Pending Options" groups from the printed quote. They will continue to show on the quote screen in OASIS.
To convert "Option" groups to breakouts or orders, set them as "Win Options" BEFORE converting to a order.
Please sign in to leave a comment.