To save users time, OASIS is able to generate and send emails. There are several connectors in OASIS to choose from. These include, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Exchange, SMTP, Default Email Client, Mozilla Thunderbird, MAPI, Old Default Email Client. Note: to select an email connector, users must be on release W507 or later.
Setting Up Email Preferences
1. Navigate to the Home Page.
2. Select "File."
3. Select "E-Mail Preferences."
4. The "Configure E-mail Connector" window will appear.
5. Select the "Connector" tab.
6. Select an "Email Connector."
7. Select "Save." or "Send Test."
Microsoft Outlook Connector
1. Select "Microsoft Outlook on Windows" for Outlook 2010 and later.
2. Select "Install Redemption" to connect to older versions of Outlook. Note: If you receive an error popup, close OASIS and select "Shift+Right Click" on the OASIS icon, and select "Run as Administrator," then repeat select "Install Redemption."
Microsoft Exchange Connector
1. Select "Microsoft Exchange." Note: if you have version 2007 or later, you may connect directly through it to send emails.
2. Enter the direct link to "Exchange Web Services." Note: this will often follow the format "mail.domain.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx". Replace "mail.domain.com" with your email server name/domain. "mail.domain.com" in not a valid server address.
3. Enter "https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx" as the server if you are using Outlook 365.
1. Select SMTP for email providers, such as Gmail. Note: you must change your Google Account settings to allow "non-secure apps" to connect. OASIS is secure, but it is treated as an unknown third party program. You must also turn off the "2-step verification setting for OASIS to be permitted to send emails through your gmail account.
2. Check the "SSL" box or the "TLS" box. These encryptions are both available for this connector.
3. Enter server and port information from your email provider.
Default Email Client Connector
1. Select "Registered EML Application connector. This will use whatever email program that is registered to handle .eml files.
Mozilla Thunderbird Connector
1. Select "Mozilla Thunderbird."
1. Select "MAPI" to use the default email client on your computer.
Old Default Email Client Connector
1. Select "Old Default Email Client for release 506 and before. Note: This option will eventually be phased out.
Setting Up An Email Signature
1. Select the "signature" tab.
2. Enter the text you would like to shown the email. Note: formatting font is not supported.