Users may create checkpoints in OASIS, allowing the user to return to a certain point within a quote to make changes that may be saved and later recalled. While working on a quote, users may create one or more checkpoints at anytime and may revert the quote back to a previous checkpoint as needed. Note: Ingen Software recommends creating a new checkpoint before attempting to restore a checkpoint. This process can be completed through the Quotes page or the Projects page. This example will use the Quotes page.
Creating a Checkpoint
1. Navigate to the Quotes page.
2. Open the needed quote.
3. Select "Tools."
4. Hover over "Checkpoint."
5. Select "Save Checkpoint."
6. The "Add Attachment" window will appear.
7. Enter a name or identifying description for the checkpoint.
8. Check the "Show on Web" box to display this checkpoint in the web database. Note: this feature is only available in certain areas and allows for customer portal integration.
9. Enter any notes related to the checkpoint.
10. Select "OK."
11. Proceed with any new changes in the quote, printing and saving as needed.
Restoring a Checkpoint
1. Open the needed quote. Note: the quote you select must already have one or more previous checkpoints created.
2. Select "Tools."
3. Hover over "Checkpoint."
4. Select "Restore Checkpoint."
5. The "Restore from Checkpoint" window will appear.
6. Double-click on the desired checkpoint, so it is highlighted.
7. Select "Close." Note: the checkpoint will save the bill of materials to the "Attachments" tab of the project in a native OASIS format. This is helpful to mark that a change as occurred and the date and time associated with the change.
8. The quote will revert to the selected checkpoint.
9. Proceed with any new changes in the quote, printing or saving as needed.