A simple spreadsheet file may be used to move configuration information from a manufacturer price file to OASIS. This article will define the required file formatting as well as how to import the file into OASIS. Note: the file must be formatted as .xls or .xlsx. OASIS recommends that the price file be reviewed to ensure it can be loaded correctly. Manufacturers can send a sample of their price files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Columns on the Spreadsheet (Example Below)
The following columns must be defined in the following format:
- Column A- the configuration. The options for this instruction column are defined below.
- Column B- the level used to group like attributes. Note: this must be a whole number.
- Column C- the attribute of a segment of the catalog number.
- Column D- the description of the attribute. Note: no special characters are allowed.
- Column E- the sell price. Note: this must be a number and decimal only. Omit $ signs.
- Column F- the sell commission. Note: this must be a whole number. Omit % signs.
- Column G- the overageable price, or the price where overage may be added to the product. Note: omit $ signs.
- Column H- the overageable commission, or the commission rate at the overageable price. Note: this must be a whole number. Omit % signs.
- Column I- the overage split, of the amount of the overage kept by the sales agency. Note: this must be a whole number. Omit % signs.
- Column J- the effective end date or when the price must be refreshed.
- Column K- any necessary notes as this will be ignored by the process.
Configuration Options for Column A
- Products- this is used to create a section of products defined by a series and may have common attributes.
- Series- this is used to create a product series and must have a unique set of characters beginning the series catalog number.
- Attribute- this is used to create a required attribute (e.g. finish, color temp, etc.)
- Option- this is used to create an attribute that may be optionally selected (e.g. an emergency ballast.)
- Dash- this is used to create a dash formatting character for one level in the catalog number.
Note: each product instruction may enclose one or more series definitions. Any attributes and options are shared between the series when created. Mixing of attributes, options, or dashes at the same level is not allowed.
How to Update a Configuration
1. Navigate to the Manufacturers page, then select Pricing from the drop-down list.
2. Click to select the manufacturer that needs to be updated.
3. Click Tools, then select Update Configuration (with file).
4. Select the .xls or .xlsx file and import it into OASIS.
Note: to remove a series, modify the spreadsheet so that it has expired effective end dates. When the file is imported into OASIS, it will remove the series.