The "Attachments" tab can be accessed across many applications within OASIS. These include, but are not limited to customers, manufacturers, projects, quotes, and orders. This tab also functions identically across these applications. This example will use the "Attachments" tab in the Manufacturer page.
Navigating to the Attachments Tab
1. Navigate to the Manufacturer page.
2. Create a new manufacturer or open an existing manufacturer.
3. The "Manufacturer Editor" window will appear.
4. Select the "Attachments" tab.
Attach Files Using the Tool Bar
1. Locate the Tool Bar at the top of the "Attachments" tab. Five buttons will appear:
- - use this button to attach files.
- - use this button to attach emails.
- - use this button to attach notes.
- - use this button to attach reminder.
- - use this button to attach scans.
2. Select the needed button. Note: this example will use the attach files button .
3. The "Select Files to Attach" window will appear.
4. Locate and select the needed file.
5. Select "Open."
6. The "Edit Attachment" window will appear.
7. Customize settings as needed. These settings aid in locating and differentiating the file later.
- Description- use this field to rename the file. This is optional and will appear as the file name in OASIS.
- Notes- enter notes about the file.
- As Shortcut- check this box to set this file as a shortcut.
- Category- use this field to categorize the file.
- Color- use this field to assign a color code to the file.
- Customer- associate the file with a particular customer.
- Manufacturer- associate the file with a particular manufacturer.
- Contact- associate the file with a particular contact.
8. Select "OK."
9. The file will appear in the "Attachments" tab.
Drag and Drop Attachments
1. Drag and drop an attachment from the desktop to the "Attachments" tab.
2. The "Edit Attachment" window will appear.
3. Continue with steps 7-9 from the previous section.
1. Locate the needed file in the "Attachments" tab.
2. Right-click on the file.
3. Select "Delete" from the drop-down list.
4. The "Question" window will appear, asking if you would like to delete the attachment.
5. Select "Yes."