The .oasis folder will contain the Lib folder, the logs folder, and the Preferences file by default. It may also contain the ConnectionCache folder if caching is enabled and the QuoteAutoSave folder if the Quote Autosave feature has been enabled. This article will explain how to locate the .oasis folder using OASIS, using Windows File Explorer, and using Mac Finder.
Locating the .oasis Folder using OASIS
1. Launch OASIS.
2. Click the Help menu, then select Optimize OASIS!.
3. The OASIS Optimizer window will appear.
4. Scroll down to locate the User Directory section.
5. Click the Oasis default boot directory link.
6. The user directory folder will open on the user's machine when the .oasis folder is located.
Locating the .oasis Folder using Windows File Explorer
1. Launch File Explorer. Note: this may be done by pressing the Windows key on the keyboard and searching "File Explorer".
2. Click This PC.
3. Click Local Disk (C:).
4. Double-click the Users folder to open it.
5. Double-click the user's folder to open it. Note: this should be the username used to log into the machine.
6. Double-click to open the .oasis folder.
Locating the .oasis Folder using Mac Finder
1. Open Finder by double-clicking the icon on the dock.
2. Open the home folder. Note: this is usually titled as the username.
3. Hover over the Go menu at the top of the screen.
4. Select Go to Folder... from the drop-down list.
5. A search bar will appear.
6. Enter .oasis, then click Go.
7. The .oasis folder will open.