Users can create customer negative invoices. This procedure is similar to creating a credit, but uses the "invoice" screen, instead of the "credit" screen. This process can be completed for commission and resell invoices. This example will use a Vendor Only invoice.
1. Navigate to the Invoices page.
2. Select "File."
3. Hover over "New" and then select "New Vendor Invoice."
4. The "Invoice" window will appear.
5. In the Invoice header area, enter the PO number.
6. The "Question" window will appear, asking if you would like to create an invoice or a credit.
7. Select "Invoice."
8. Enter information as needed Note: some information may appear automatically. It is recommended that the user reviews this information for accuracy.
- Invoice- enter the invoice number
- Invoice Date- enter the invoice date. Note: the date the invoice was created will automatically appear. This date can be changed.
- Due Date- the due date for the invoice will automatically appear. This date can be changed.
9. In the "Items" tab, enter the quantity being credited to the customer. Note: users must enter a "-" in front of the quantity.
10. Tab out of the field.
11. Continue creating the negative invoice as you would a normal invoice. For more information, click here.