OASIS allows users to create an inventory of samples. As needed, users can create samples and add them to the sample inventory, allowing for easy tracking and management of shipping, scheduling, and returns.
1. Navigate to the Samples page.
2. Select "File."
3. Hover over "New," and then select "New Sample Receipt."
4. The "Sample Editor" will appear.
The General Tab
1. Use this tab to enter general information about the sample. Note: the manufacturer and part number are required fields.
2. Enter the manufacturer of the sample.
3. Enter a part number for the sample.
4. Enter information about the sample as needed.
- Description- identifying description of the sample
- Project Sample- check this box to mark the sample as a project sample
- Condition- condition of the sample at the time of entry. Note: this is a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being new or excellent condition
- Kit Number- the kit number will apply automatically when the sample is saved
- Workgroup- workgroup associated with the sample
- Picture- picture of the sample.
The Shipments Tab
1. Use this tab to track the sample's shipping and return information. Note: this tab is optional and is not necessary to run the sample tracker.
2. Use the "Shipment Received" section to record shipping information for the sample, such as the tracking number and date received.
- Tracking number- the carrier's tracking number
- SCAC- the standard carrier access code for the incoming shipment
- Date Received- date your agency received the sample
3. Use the "Return Information" section to record information on when the sample needs to be returned.
- Notification date- the date you would like to reminded to return the sample
- Return date- the date the sample needs to be returned. Note: this will send a reminder that the sample is due
- Returned- check this box when the sample has been returned
- Tracking Number- the carrier's tracking number
- SCAC- the standard carrier access code
- Date Returned- the date the sample is returned
4. On the Home Page, OASIS will automatically show the sample as needing to be returned if the following are true:
- the notification date is after the date received
- the return date is on or after the notification date
- no return tracking number exists for the item
The Notes Tab
1. Use this tab to enter any notes associated with the sample.
The History Tab
1. Use this tab to view past check out and heck in information associated with the sample. Note: the sample must be created and have been been checked out or in one or more times for information to appear here.
The Upcoming Schedules Tab
1. Use this tab to view when the sample is scheduled to be checked out.
2. Select "Save and Close." Note: if needed, select "Print Label" to print barcodes for the sample.
1. This is an optional process and allows users to print a label to place on the sample.
2. In the "Sample Editor" select "Print."
3. The "Print Manufacturer Labels" window will appear.
4. Select the "Output to" field and label size.
5. Select "OK."
6. OASIS will generate labels with bar codes that can be used in conjunction with a scanner.
7. Barcode components contain the manufacturer ID, year, and sequence number.